Developer Zerouno Games shared a new Metal Tales: Overkill third trailer, showing off more of the upcoming action-adventure ahead of its release.
Metal Tales: Overkill is a shooter presented from a top-down camera style akin to Hotline: Miami and other twin-stick games, combined with a roguelike element of progressing through randomly generated levels.
The soundtrack is composed of metal tracks with heavy riffs and double bass drums to accompany your character as he launches projectiles out of his guitar. The game can either played individually or co-operatively.
Here’s the Metal Tales: Overkill third trailer:
Here is a rundown of the game.
Metal Tales: Overkill is an action-adventure game where Metal and Adrenaline clash to give you the ultimate 3D roguelike guitar-shooter. Fight against the looming curse affecting your Metal brothers and free them from an ancient evil.
Plan your path and play as you want with procedurally generated levels that will change the game every single playthrough.
The God Kuk is possessing all the guitar gods, and through them, the metalheads. Through infinite concerts, he is helping his legion of metalhead zombies wipe out every original creation of metal bands and their dedicated fans. As legions of metalheads are stripped from their passion, only one person can really grind through the challenge and come out victorious.
Will you manage to defeat all the metal gods, save the world, and become the ultimate Metal God yourself?
Pick and choose from a mouthwatering variety of instruments and add-ons from the history of Metal: customize your game with a wide selection of the finest guitars, turn it right up with only the best amps, and summon the best tricks and tunes for the ultimate combat experience!
- 50+ items: charge up with new guitars, strings, pedals, amps, books, and summons
- 15 different enemies to beat to the beat
- 8 Guitar Bosses – the ultimate showdown!
- 4 playable characters to choose from: Are you more Metallica, Iron Maiden or Black Sabbath? Choose the character you identify with the most!
- 3 environments: Enjoy exploring 3 different environments like Metal Den, Metal Festival and Hell
- 6 levels to blast through with unstoppable energy
- Procedurally generated levels: Experience randomly generated levels to play through. No session will ever be the same
- Local CO-OP to jam it out with a friend
- Mission system to unlock abilities and upgrade stats between runs
- Original soundtrack and international Metal bands’ songs – you are sure to find a new hidden gem!
Metal Tales: Overkill launches on April 21, 2022 and will be available for Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4/5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.